Hello, welcome to Boardseeker Windsurfing Magazine please use the links below to jump to a specific section.

Navigation Search Content Other Mpora Sites
thomas
boardseeker mag jan
17 January '07 | 6:42pm
dear boardseeker

i would have been pissed off with this edition of the magazine had it been free but the fact that i have subscribed under the impression, given i should add by you, that there would be more video footage makes the money spent a totaly waste as there can be no more than 5 videos. most of these are of other wind based activites.
Re: boardseeker mag jan
18 January '07 | 11:55am
Hello Thomas,

I am sorry that you are dissapointed with the video footage in this issue. The main video content of the magazine this month is a video interview with Sarah Ofringa and another with Francisco Goya (discussing wind vs. kite vs. surf with Duncan Scott and Mark Shinn).

Yes we would have liked more action footage in this issue, but unfortunately there wasnt much around! We dont have a lot of control over this some months as a lot depends upon the weather. We had a camera team in SA to get footage out there, but the wind has been very very fickle since beginning of Nov so there was nothing of any consequence. Normally in this situatiuon we would try to buy alternative footage from elsewhere, but with the Christmas break, there just wasnt any around.

A lot of work went into this issue and whilst there isnt as much action footage as we would have liked, the stories, interviews and features are very good.

As a subscriber I would assume that by now you will have received the DVD? I would be interested to know your thoughts on that. Surely you cant feel short changed on action footage having received the DVD? I also assume that you were happy with last months edition of the magazine which was packed full of action footage?

A subscriber recieves 10 issues of the magazine + a double DVD for ?32.95. The DVD is worth ?24.95 which means that you are essentially paying ?8 for 10 issues of video content. I think it is a little harsh to say that 'the money spent is a total waste' just because 1 issue of the magazine has less action footage than the others.

Anyway, the good news for action junkies like yourself is that we have some great video features lined up for our next issue including: PWA Cabo Verde event, a new basic wave sailing + freeride technique series, a video feature on getting a custom board, a video feature on sail design and wind permitting all the best action footage from the pros in Cape town.

I hope you enjoy it!

Kind Regards,

Adrian
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, jpeg, png
  • No file can be larger than 400 KB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message