Hello, welcome to Boardseeker Windsurfing Magazine please use the links below to jump to a specific section.

Navigation Search Content Other Mpora Sites
Please stop the Video Autoplay!
11 August '09 | 7:51am
I find it REALLY REALLY annoying!

I am a long time Boardseeker supporter, I think it is an awesome publication that clearly works very hard to stay ahead and offer quality.

But this new noise when clicking on a new link is offensive in its intrusion.
Click a link and suddenly there is this unwanted noise blaring out.

Anyone else?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2009 | 7:54am by hmsgeoff.
adrian@boardseeker
Re: Please stop the Video Autoplay!
11 August '09 | 9:00am
Yep, sorry about this.

It actually only happens on our news page - not within our features - and it isn't intentional. There seems to be some kind of bug in the coding for our news admin because despite 'autoplay' being unselected, it still autoplays!

Anyway, our web guy is on the case of trying to stop it, so we should have a fix soon.

Sorry,

Adrian
pat
11 August '09 | 10:12am
Should have it sorted, you might have to do a shift+refresh to reload the new player.

cheers
11 August '09 | 9:38pm
Thanks chaps, that is so much better, I can now browz at work!
20 July '10 | 4:48am
Disable the autoplay of the embedded music and movie. The users have 2 modes to choose:rnrn1) Disable only the autostart of the embedded media. The users can press the play button of the controller to play it.rnrn2) Block the media when loading a page. It will be replaced by a red frame. Press the red frame to load and then play it.rnrnThis extension can also convert the ie-only tag "bgsound" to "embed", and it can also block Flash media by a costumizable blacklist.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, jpeg, png
  • No file can be larger than 400 KB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message