Hello, welcome to Boardseeker Windsurfing Magazine please use the links below to jump to a specific section.

Navigation Search Content Other Mpora Sites

FLAKA or TAKA PART 2

Posted by Boardseeker 
Boardseeker
FLAKA or TAKA PART 2
9 November '06 | 7:53am
Is the Graham Ezzy move a FLAKA or TAKA, and how do you think the ALOHA CLASSIC should be judged. Your views please...
Russell
Re: FLAKA or TAKA PART 2
9 November '06 | 10:31am
What this move is is only important to the judges and what they score it. It is very impresive riding and should be scored highly. Nice down the line riding. The wave is going to close out so no more riding. He hits the pocket perfecltly and does a masive arial finished by a Flaka coming out infront of the wite water. He is in full control so can chose what he does next. I hope the judges score moves like this very highly. For me this is not a Taka as a Taka is when you go around the wite water and do the maneuver in the pocket onto the glassy section of the wave.
james randall
9 November '06 | 11:14am
hi all, i think this is an air flaka, a taka would be on the wave not over the top of it? hense the move must be a Flaka, not only this, it looks very much like a flaka!!!
NOT Paul Hunt
9 November '06 | 4:47pm
AIR TAKA!
Sweet down the line riding, hitting the lip into aerial into taka.

flakas off the lip are more jumps done in a forced way, Takas are done with the power of the wave and this one is just done with that bit in the air and super sweet.

So as I am not Paul Hunt (Who doesnt jump higher than Paul? We all do!!!!!!!)
and I dont have to judge this, I just enjoy the future of wavesailing.

Mini Ezz, good job and keep it up!!!!!!!!!!
big jim
9 November '06 | 5:37pm
This is definately progressive wavesailing, and should definately be scored highly. If most people can do wave 360's and Goitas (moves that are 10 years old) then things like this, and grubbies off the lip and anything like that should definately boost the points up higher. The classic powerful waveriding too, but it's got to mix it in and take it up a level.

Let the young guys push the established guys harder and get them out of there box of comfort and learn some new stuff!

It's definiately a Flaka off the lip, but I would like to see a video of a proper Taka off a decent sized wave.

To stop it all being stale, we need to see the Aloha Classic leave its traditional judging roots and finally embrace what is going on at the top level.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, jpeg, png
  • No file can be larger than 400 KB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message