Hello, welcome to Boardseeker Windsurfing Magazine please use the links below to jump to a specific section.

Navigation Search Content Other Mpora Sites

Tabou Freestyle 100 vs 110

Posted by Asle 
Asle
Tabou Freestyle 100 vs 110
29 December '06 | 12:13pm
Hi everyone!

I need som input to help me deside between the 07s Tabou Freestyle 100 and 110. I?m 72kilos and 172cm and I want the board to get really into poping sliding freestyle. I know to vulcan, I can get the spock and I?m starting to learn flakas, spock variations and grubbies.

Normaly I would have thougt of the 100 as the rigt board. Tests and good freestyle friends tells me that this board is fantastic for freestylers of hight standard but demanding to work on basic sliding freestyle on. A bigger board should make the entery to more advanced freestyle easier and my alterantive is the Tabou Freestyle 110.
My hesitation is if the 110 is to big to pop and rotate easy at my weight?

Volume of the 100 is measured by German Surf Magazin to 94 litres. I guess the 110 also is less then the quoted volum?
Most important maybee, the 100 is 62 cm wide and the 110 is 66 cm.

Any inputs?

Kind regards
Asle
Fstylr
Re: Tabou Freestyle 100 vs 110
30 December '06 | 11:39am
At your weight, I would definately say go for the 100l board. Even if it's volume is lower than stated, the width of 62 is all that you need, as you are only light.
Also I guess another question, what size sails are you gonna use, and where do you sail? i.e If it's only 6.0m to 7.0m freestlye, get the bigger one.
If it's mostly 6.2 and smaller, definately get the smaller one?
Dennis
30 December '06 | 7:49pm
You should definately get the 100 l for sails up to 6.5 m2,I don't know how much freestyle a man can learn witha 7.0...
Asle
2 January '07 | 9:54am
Thanks for the input!

I?ve posted the same question on the Gaastra forum and learned that the quoted with of the 110 is 64 and not 66.
The test of the 07 100litres freestyle boards in German surf indicates clearly that the Tabou 100 performance wise is smaler than the other 100litres and even a 6meter feels on the bigger side on it. With the 110 beeing 64cm my guess is that this is the Tabou equivalent to the other 100litres. Normaly I would go for a 100litres, but I want a Tabou and theire 100 litres seams to be the 110. Going with the Tabou 100 than should be the same as going with some other board companies 90litre?

I want a board that can take my freestyling to a higher level and before I get on with shakas and ponches the current thinking seams to be that a bigger board makes that easier. With a bigger board you can sail more and use smaler sails and get away with spocks and flakas with a slower and less aggressive glide and rotation to really get used to it.

Any inputs?
fstylr
2 January '07 | 3:54pm
If 64 is the width of the 110, then that is the one you want if you are going for bigger sails, as the 100 is what width? 61/62?

I'd suggest contacting a Tabou riderfor a final input?
Try emailing Andy Chambers (Bubble) through his website: www.k540.com
If anyone would know, he is the one, and he is an absolute freetyle legend!
Dennis
2 January '07 | 5:00pm
Hi again!

This has completely confused me too!

So if the messured volume of the 100l is 94 litre, then 110 l probably hasa bout a 100 litres???

It also says in the test that the board is ''for really good, lighter freestylers up to 75 kilo''. Does that mean that a freestyling beginner like me (i can do vulcan but not spock) should get an other board? Which one then?

I certainly agree that you should contact bubble, and please let me know what he said, ok?

Regards

Dennis
Dennis
2 January '07 | 5:34pm
Me again...

Tave you noticed that the 100 litre fs is 63 cm wide according to the surf magazine?
Asle
3 January '07 | 8:44pm
Seams like the Tabou 110 is 66cm after all:
[www.gaastra.com]

I have decided to go for the 110 to get a steper leaning curv and get more tow.

Regards
Asle
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, jpeg, png
  • No file can be larger than 400 KB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message