Hello, welcome to Boardseeker Windsurfing Magazine please use the links below to jump to a specific section.

Navigation Search Content Other Mpora Sites
Hi,

Question: Mast Extension Pinlock XT, Power XT or XTR?

I use a Tushingham Storm 6.5 and a Tushingham T4 7.5 with a tushingham 75% SDM 460cm mast
for free riding.

I like the idea of an integrated downhaul, not sure if they are worth while though or whether I'm just
looking for the next toy!!

Anyone used one?

Cheers

Graham.
Re: North Windsurfing Mast Extension Pinlock XT, Power XT or XTR?
9 May '12 | 3:24pm
Hi Graham,We use the North extensions you mention here at Team Qsw Windsurfing. Not sure of your question?give us a message back or contact us, as I would be pleased to answer any questions regarding North products . Jonny Utah.
Hi,

My question was which extension should I go for a Pinlock XT with no downhaul included
or go for a Power XT or XTR?

I like the idea of an integrated downhaul, not sure if they are worth while though.

Thanks,

Graham.
Re: North Windsurfing Mast Extension Pinlock XT, Power XT or XTR?
15 May '12 | 5:08am
Hi Graham,
The North Power XT extensions simply make rigging and tuning your sail fast,easy and precise.The main plus for me is being able to experiment and tune my sail either on or off the water by just a couple of clicks on the handle,without having to come in unplug the board,sit down undo all the yards of rope and strain at the hands and back just to set the sail or try something different.
On a" negative" if it is one? they are a mechanical device with moving parts so require careful use! as long as you wash out and store dry and salt free,check the rope regularly and only replace with Norths XT Rope you won't have a problem.All the parts that I have broke(my fault both times)are available From North who have been really helpful.
I won't go back to a regular Extension and run the risk of sitting in God knows what whilst rigging ever again.Hope this helps? any further queries look us up at QSW.
Jonny Team QSW Windsurfing Norfolk
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, jpeg, png
  • No file can be larger than 400 KB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message