Hello, welcome to Boardseeker Windsurfing Magazine please use the links below to jump to a specific section.

Navigation Search Content Other Mpora Sites

which board - any suggestions

Posted by Neal 
Neal
which board - any suggestions
6 July '07 | 11:49am
Recently had 2 weeks in Dahab sailing a 99l skate and it was great. Now, I aint a freestyler, but this board suited me really well.

They are a bit dear new, and not too many for sale 2nd hand, and I need a new board of this volume.

I will be sailing south coast etc.

I am looking at maybe a Tabou 3S 97, RRD Twin Tip, maybe a Goya wave, something about 95l which is wide (ish) and sailable in f3 f4, i have a JP freewave 79l for stronger days.

Any advice or have I missed out some boards to look at.

Cheers
Ben proffitt
Re: which board - any suggestions
7 July '07 | 5:19pm
Should have bought mine last week!!! ha ha.. sorry!! ...I'll ask around for you!!
Neal
9 July '07 | 11:08am
yeh I know Ben, was a a tad too slow.

Cheers
Matt
11 July '07 | 5:53pm
Hey Neal,

If you can't find the Fanatic board you rode, check out the Tabou 3S 97- Cruise the forums and you will see a lot of people really stoked with the 3S range- real easy to sail. More of an all-round do it all board- freeriding, bump and jumping and easy turning make it a favorite. Once you decide you are ready for freestyle, you will be able to do moves on this board no problem-

Hope this helps and you get some good wind!

Matt
rachel
11 July '07 | 6:17pm
check out www.otc-windsurf.com/boardlist_sales.htm for some kit for sale (as well as the boards classifieds of course!) Includes a 3S.
Phil
12 July '07 | 12:56pm
You dont post your weight, I am 80kg and still float on my Exocet Cross 90litre. Love its balance and flexibility... change the straight fin for a wave shape and hey presto! slashy and loose it goes. Its similar to the skate/3style with the even distribution of a freestyle board that makes it easy to tack
Dodo
12 July '07 | 6:11pm
Hi Neal,

Just got a 95l AHD Fury and its superb. Very dynamic and fast. If you change the fin its capable of doing all the freestyle triks. I think this would be usefull sustitude to the Skate. My old twintip 90l was a bit slow and not so confirtable at chopy conditions.

I would sugest to consider the AHD.

Dodo
k881mark
19 July '07 | 7:24am
See shop site "Rat Rigs" or equipment forum on UKWA site for vgc 2nd hand skate
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, jpeg, png
  • No file can be larger than 400 KB