Hello, welcome to Boardseeker Windsurfing Magazine please use the links below to jump to a specific section.

Navigation Search Content Other Mpora Sites

Black sails???

Posted by peter1meter 
peter1meter
Black sails???
8 November '07 | 7:50pm
Hey,
I was in Holland last week and saw some new sails from Point-7. Was thinking if anyone knows these sails or maybe has tried them?? The look very cool and different from others.
Looked on the website www.point-7.com but before getting one, just wanted to know if anyone could give some hints as how they are in hand???
Many thanks
dan in switzerland
Re: Black sails???
10 November '07 | 12:55am
The German surf magazine tested Point 7 Runner 7.2 and found it the fastest no-cam sail. The test included all the big names. Actually they seem to have loved it although they thought it felt quite heavy in manouvers. As far as Surf Mag goes, definately a powersail for strong arms or larger waists.
Cheers,
Dan.
soulrider
15 November '07 | 9:39pm
Hi,I' m from Italy.Point 7 sails are engineered in Italy and made in China using a new special black monofilm.I have seen many of them in Como Lake and,believe me, they are really fast!!!! AC 1 and AC2 models are cambered sails with a great range of use.The price is cheaper than the other sails brands and quality is high.
not black sails
15 November '07 | 10:26pm
Come on guys, peter1meter is a staff member of point 7, doesnt take much to discover that. A little more imagination please rather than pretending to be potential customers.
Dennis
16 November '07 | 7:41am
That is right, I would like to know what the perception is, of our sails in the UK.

Kind regards

Dennis
Captain SlackBladder
16 November '07 | 12:53pm
Come on Peter1meter/Dennis. Don't be shy...

You said:

"Looked on the website www.point-7.com but before getting one, just wanted to know if anyone could give some hints as how they are in hand??? ".

Are they so bad you haven't got one yet, even though you are a staff-member? And you thought it best to ask a random collection of windsurfers in the UK if they are any good before you buy? And - you had to look on the website to find out about them? You couldn't touch and feel them for yourself as a staff member? Wouldn't your pro-riders give you good advice about how they are in hand? Or don't you trust the advice of your pro-riders? Why is the advice of a random collection of sailors from the UK better than your pro-riders, before you decide to buy a point-7 sail?

I'm teasing, but you weren't being entirely honest when you posted that were you? It just doesn't make point-7 marketing look so good. My opinion has changed slightly, even though I saw 2 of the sails and thought they looked fantastic. I've never tried one though. I can't tell you how they feel in hand, but you could just ask one of your pro-riders about that :-)

Captain SlackBladder
hahahahaha
16 November '07 | 2:50pm
Who will be next to post? Cisco Goya?, Robby Naish?, Dave Ezzy? Neil Pryde even?
Dennis
16 November '07 | 6:26pm
Captain SlackBladder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Come on Peter1meter/Dennis. Don't be shy...
>
> You said:
>
> "Looked on the website www.point-7.com but before
> getting one, just wanted to know if anyone could
> give some hints as how they are in hand??? ".
>
> Are they so bad you haven't got one yet, even
> though you are a staff-member? And you thought it
> best to ask a random collection of windsurfers in
> the UK if they are any good before you buy? And -
> you had to look on the website to find out about
> them? You couldn't touch and feel them for
> yourself as a staff member? Wouldn't your
> pro-riders give you good advice about how they are
> in hand? Or don't you trust the advice of your
> pro-riders? Why is the advice of a random
> collection of sailors from the UK better than your
> pro-riders, before you decide to buy a point-7
> sail?
>
> I'm teasing, but you weren't being entirely honest
> when you posted that were you? It just doesn't
> make point-7 marketing look so good. My opinion
> has changed slightly, even though I saw 2 of the
> sails and thought they looked fantastic. I've
> never tried one though. I can't tell you how they
> feel in hand, but you could just ask one of your
> pro-riders about that :-)
>
> Captain SlackBladder

Hi Captain,

You are right.
I want to know how well known our brand is. How many people has heard about it and potentionally tried the sails. For a new brand on the market it is important to know if we have some reconition. And if so, how they are being percieved by the public.
Many thanks for your comments

Dennis
sado ?
17 November '07 | 10:36am
I wouldn't have thought a sail called the "Sado" was a good marketing move ? Maybe something lost in translation ?

[www.point-7.com]
gary
20 November '07 | 10:40pm
I like the look of your sails.
I like sails that look a bit different. Make you stand out on the water. They look so much better than the boring Prydes, goyas, gaastras etc.
i've seen one 2nd hand. I'm gonna get it and try it out. I'll let you know what i think.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, jpeg, png
  • No file can be larger than 400 KB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message