Hello, welcome to Boardseeker Windsurfing Magazine please use the links below to jump to a specific section.

Navigation Search Content Other Mpora Sites

Windsurfing nr Dolgellau

Posted by Tim Poate 
Tim Poate
Windsurfing nr Dolgellau
13 December '07 | 3:42pm
Hey,

Im going to be based at Dolgellau over the festive period for a week or so. Ive not sailed anywhere around this area so interested if anyone has any top reccomendations. Obviously the forecast will play the usual decisive card but experience would be very useful. Clearly further up is Rossi and Hells Mouth etc but not sailed either and if the forecast delivers then ill be that way unless anyone can suggest alternatives?

Cheers
Tim
Re: Windsurfing nr Dolgellau
19 December '07 | 12:43pm
In my honest opinion, your best bet will be to drive to Hells or Rossy for 90% of forecasts.
Fairbourne is sailed sometimes though (west facing) and Borth (west facing too, have to admit I've never been).

If it's a stupidly windy/wavey South Westerly there's a spot with limited parking that works, I can't name it and it's over-rated anyway, but you may see people out if you drive past. Frankly it's never windy/wavey enough even if Rossy's f10 and mast high..

Dinas Dinlle can work well if it's SE, but then so does Rossy.

HTH.
Alf
19 December '07 | 1:10pm
I'd say that between Aberdyfi and Fairbourne there are two good beach break spots which face west, with a bit of south or north in the wind and your away. The easiest to find and probably more reliable is Tywyn plenty of good beach side parking, but a massive beach so it safe for this time of year as well.

If your just interested in a winter blast around then the Dyfi estuary is your best option but its very tidal so high tide is best.

Hells mouth is quite a lot further to drive than Tywyn or Aberdyfi but Rhosy is at least 2hrs drive maybe more.

Hope you find a spot somewhere
Tim
21 December '07 | 8:46am
Cheers for the posts, looks like there should be some wind about next week so should get wet someplace i hope.

Cheers
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, jpeg, png
  • No file can be larger than 400 KB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message