Hello, welcome to Boardseeker Windsurfing Magazine please use the links below to jump to a specific section.

Navigation Search Content Other Mpora Sites

BOARD GRAPHICS

Posted by BOARDSEEKER 
BOARDSEEKER
BOARD GRAPHICS
15 March '06 | 5:14pm
So what do you think of the manufacturers board graphics? Who's are the best and who's are the worst?

What kind of graphics do you like; arty, technical, bright, contemporary?
Robert
Re: BOARD GRAPHICS
15 March '06 | 7:32pm
Naish = politic incorrect? The board looks like Tsunami in Indonesia..
Coots
16 March '06 | 4:59am
All pretty boring. Goya is my favourite. I am still stuck in the cool individual designs from the 80's . We used to all have our own designs on custom boards. One of my friends had a mielie on his (corn cob ). A couple had naked chicks, and I mean hardcore stuff.

Cheers
yoyo
16 March '06 | 5:22am
goya `porque tus tablas son tan buenas y tus dise?os tan feos ,este es mas horrible que el anterior 2005, no pierdas mas tiempo ven a chile a nevegar y aprobechamos de dise?ar tu nueva imagen...jeje saludos maestro!!
mits
16 March '06 | 11:25am
Naish waves rule, so much detail! And the fact that if you put all the sizes next to each other you have you get whole picture is just unbeatable.

Mistrals on the other hand are too simple. They seem to have a tradition of poor graphics, only the '03 Joker is excluded, that was pretty cool looking. The first range of synchros (was it '03 or '04?) have got to be the ugliest looking boards ever (together with the Beast of the same year).

JP's are really getting boring, although 06's are better than 05's (which were actually the '04 graphics plus a stripe!). The '03 were by far the best!

Fanatics are ok, fresh this year but nothing exceptional. I like the fact that there is a strong brand identity in the designs without the boards looking identical.

Angulo AmiGU's have nice colors for '06, in fact all their ranges feature pretty fresh graphics.

The new Goyas are pretty simple, but this brings out the harmonic shape of the boards themselves. The pads help with the overall look.

RRD's simply rock, but that's what you expect from italian designers right? The wave cults are my favourites. The freeride & slalom boards have a more simplistic,"technical" look. I understand the concept but wouldn't buy any of them. Last years Spitfire was exceptional though. In fact the whole range was incredible.

Starboard can produce some neat designs, the flare & s-type in dram have a very sleek & high tech look. Maybe because the logo got smaller, that "starboard" font is ugly and totaly anti-windsurfing.

F2's new guerillas look nicer than last year, pretty bold and original. The rest of the range is average, with the exception of the missile.

Exocets have become a bit monotonus with all that blue, but I like their slalom boards.

Tiga tried the JP recipe (one look for all models) for '05-'06, but I find the result average.

AHD freeride & slaloms are way too simple to look good. The wave/freestyles are an improvement from the past though.

T1 this year dropped the minimalistic look and went for these crappy graphics - what a disapointment!

Drops are really neat with their contrasting colors (italian again!).

Sometimes it's better to have (almost) no graphics at all. The '02 F2 MP white is an absolut classic for me. The shapes speak for themselves!
whatshisname
19 March '06 | 1:54pm
we should take a leaf from snowboardings book, the graphics are soo much cooler than on windsurfing boards. ...
Fanatic
21 March '06 | 9:10pm
Goya's and starboard are the coolest. JP should start changing there design, cuz it's kinda getting old...
Bill
11 April '06 | 6:45pm
Standing up for Jp here the subtle tuning of graphics each year seems to reflect the evolution of the designs which is why I've been buying them with total satisfaction for the last three years.
I really respect them for it, no need to call it a chilli or a joker, call it Wave or freestyle.
You won't feel horribly out of date with last years JP but you might with a lot of brands.If it aint broke...Well done JP for their customer friendly approach, and no I'm not sponsored by anybody before you ask.
John
9 May '06 | 5:13pm

HTS boarder division have the best graphics.

Giorgio
14 May '06 | 3:55pm
I really like the custom graphic shapes from Quatro, have you seen the pink wave boards from Kauli? the board design speaks out expression, freshness and some humor! Tabou did also good work with some models, and by far the Italians with their identical style
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, jpeg, png
  • No file can be larger than 400 KB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message