Hello, welcome to Boardseeker Windsurfing Magazine please use the links below to jump to a specific section.

Navigation Search Content Other Mpora Sites

Maldives.. Honeymoon/surf trip.. Any one been?

Posted by merrony 
merrony
Maldives.. Honeymoon/surf trip.. Any one been?
23 June '10 | 3:56pm
Just planning a honeymoon that will keep both of us happy.
Has any one been?
cheers
den schmautz
Re: Maldives.. Honeymoon/surf trip.. Any one been?
23 June '10 | 8:58pm
Hi.

Yes, me and my wife was on Olhuveli, this is Sud Male atol. Meaby bigest resort but not to croud!!
It si realy nice lagune. Windsurfing center with Neil Prayde and JP boards. best month is 6. and 7. -monsun!!
[www.watersports-world.com]

I like to go agein!!!

Have a nice time!!

if you need some foto dean schmautz facebook, OK or on google earth!!

best regards,
dean
Slovenija.
sharkysxm
14 July '10 | 10:00am
Hiya mate, I got married two years ago and went on a round trip to Sri Lanka / Maldives.
we stayed at The Beach House at Manafaru (North part of Maldives), and I had one of the best windsurfing time ever. Spanking brand new gear, great choice of sails and boards, and great spot. There's a good run on a flat lagoon, then you hit the reef ( not good at low tide, even at high tide it's pretty shallow so shoes compulsory!). Needless to say the surroundings are out of this world too... Sri Lanka was good too, we stayed at The Fortress near Galle ( long drive from airport), and it's a lot more surf orientated over there.
Just another suggestion, we went to Mauritius a few years ago and stayed at Le Morne... probably the best compromise holiday with wife/gfriend - windsurfing you could ever wish for... something to think about... hope this helps.
3 August '10 | 7:48am
Hi everyone! We are trying to pick a location for our honeymoon in May. We are looking for somewhere to relax, swim, snorkel, maybe with a bit of surfing. We aren't divers so that is not an issue. We like nicer hotels (i think probably around 4/5 stars), but not overly stuffy, and good food!!
The Maldives apparently offer surfing at some of the islands or atolls notably the one of the Four Seasons resort. Plenty of snorkeling and diving and very romantic with great accomodation but at a price. IMO this would probably be the best for a honeymoon but I've not been to Bora Bora yet.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, jpeg, png
  • No file can be larger than 400 KB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message