Hello, welcome to Boardseeker Windsurfing Magazine please use the links below to jump to a specific section.

Navigation Search Content Other Mpora Sites

Best windsurfing locations in UK

Posted by Dave 
Dave
Best windsurfing locations in UK
23 August '06 | 11:53am
Hi Guys,

I have a change to go to UK for a couple of years. What is the ultimate windsurfing location in the UK. I'm searching for a spot where the wind almost always blows smiling smiley Where would you wanna live in UK winking smiley

Any help is appreciated, I'll try to search for a job in this area too.

Thanks
Dave
Floyd
Re: Best windsurfing locations in UK
26 August '06 | 1:19pm
Hi
Afraid there is nowhere where wind always or even nearly always blows. But for my money I`d say Rhosneigre North Wales or Tiree Scotland offer beast chance of wind and waves. Good luck ; if you find the holy grail let me know !
windboy
Re: Best windsurfing locations in UK
31 August '06 | 10:55pm
Unfortunately Britain is not so subject to regular winds as say cape town or WA. But it gets its fair share. Classic conditions for waves are rare as depends on elusive low pressures.

The West gets these first and they funnell up to Rhossy, so there are two great bets.

If you are prepared for big sail stuff then any of the coast lines (and there are a lot) get regulare winds, either thermal, funnelled etc. Hillhead, Shoreham area, places in Wales, Essex all can get good sea breezes.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, jpeg, png
  • No file can be larger than 400 KB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message