Hello, welcome to Boardseeker Windsurfing Magazine please use the links below to jump to a specific section.

Navigation Search Content Other Mpora Sites
Naish 2011 merges All Terrain in Session in larger sizes
6 October '10 | 9:23pm
I see that Naish 2011 has merged the All Terrain sail into their Session lineup in larger sizes (i.e. 6.2 and 6.7). It's said that these larger sizes have been optimised for Bump and Jump but does anyone know how these particular sizes have been tweaked and how they would "feel"? I thought the All Terrain had quite a lot of bottom end grunt for larger riders (which I like but this isn't something the Session is noted for) so I'm surprised that the All Terrain has been merged with the Session. I had always assumed they were quite different sails? I use Naish Forces (and I love the power and feel of these sails) but I'm looking for a 6.7 or 6.8 wave style sail for some super light wind B&J around our local wave spots. I am considering a 2011 Session 6.7 (which are now around) or a 6.8 Maui sails global "power wave" sail (which I'd have to wait for). I suspect I'd like the power of the Global more but we're just about to start getting some primo conditions for this sort of sailing in the southern hemisphere and I'm chomping at the bit to get something suitable. Can anyone shed some light on the new Session 6.7?

Also, does anyone have any thoughts on whether a 460 RDM is better than a 460 STD? I vaguely remember someone mentioning a while back that 460 RDMs just don't seem to work so well in this size but I don't know whether there's anything to substantiate that?
Hi, I have the same problem...is the Session 6.7 powerful enought?..I need it for light Wind condition on a freestyle board of 110l...I'm 90 kg...
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, jpeg, png
  • No file can be larger than 400 KB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message