Hello, welcome to Boardseeker Windsurfing Magazine please use the links below to jump to a specific section.

Navigation Search Content Other Mpora Sites

How To Rig 2010 Severne S-1

Posted by Learning to Vulcan 
Learning to Vulcan
How To Rig 2010 Severne S-1
17 October '10 | 12:24pm
Cant seem to set my S-1 6.3 right, I rig it like my blades but I dont think its working. I am getting a few creases. Any help appreciated.
Al Bentley
Re: How To Rig 2010 Severne S-1
17 October '10 | 5:19pm
Hey dude

If you can post some photos we can probably help you more, but I rig mine with enough downhaul until the battens are close to the mast and the leech is quite floppy, then I put on minimal outhaul usually only 1-2 cm. If the wind is low then I put on 0 outhaul. I always try to have the battens so that they arent pushing forward against the sail as this damages the sail.

If you have creases in the sail you might need to change the batten tension, sometime creases can happen if one of the battens has more or less tension than the others.

Al
will b
18 October '10 | 7:02pm
I agree with what Al says; but I probably don't use quite so much downhaul and tune more on the outhaul. Check the link to the rigging guide for some tips: [www.severnesails.com]. Photos are also useful.

Also make sure you are using a mast that is compatible with the sails.

The sail may crease a little if it is rigged quite powerfully when twisting off under load. This is'nt too much to worry about.
Learning To Vulcan
18 October '10 | 8:59pm
Thanks guys, rigged it last night and seemed to get it looking good.
27 April '11 | 4:09pm
hi guys,
can i rig the 2010 s1 with a normal diameter mast or is it only skinnys?
thanks
27 April '11 | 10:16pm
100 percent skinnies only!
28 April '11 | 10:51pm
thanks and is it the same with the 09 S1's?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, jpeg, png
  • No file can be larger than 400 KB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message