Hello, welcome to Boardseeker Windsurfing Magazine please use the links below to jump to a specific section.

Navigation Search Content Other Mpora Sites

Carve Gybing

Posted by GYBINg 
GYBINg
Carve Gybing
15 May '11 | 10:54am
Hi, i was just wondering if anyone could help? I can get round me carve gybes fine but rarely make planning exits, i seem to slow down a lot throughout. Has anyone got any tips to not lose quite as much speed.
Thanks
Re: Carve Gybing
15 May '11 | 4:18pm
Hello,

it certainly isn't a shame if you're not planing at the exit of a gybe. Most of my jibes I have to pump hard to get planing again.
What has helped me a lot was to go deep in the knees and lean much more forward from about a third of the entry turn of the jibe. Scary at first, but it keeps the pressure on the mast foot which is good for planing. Secondly as it goes along with the leaning forward, you can help with steering of the sail. Oversheet hard as you're turning and extend your mast hand. This helps to control the sail and forces you to lean forward with upper body. The last tip is something I'm still working on and that is to finish the jibe at a slightly broad reach instead of half reach or even upwind. This gives you instant power as you sail in the new direction. Practicing with a rig on the beach regarding footwork and rig steering etc. has helped me a lot.
Best regards, Joris
windsurfer94563
14 October '11 | 8:49pm
On a windsurfer, putting more weight on the tail is like putting your foot on the brake pedal in a car--you're going to slow down as the nose of the board comes up. So be careful that in carving the turn you do not raise the nose of the board too much. Bending your knees and trying to put your shoulders forward (but lean slightly into the turn) can help. You can also try moving your back foot out of the foot strap to initiate the carve. Put it outboard but behind the empty front foot strap. That gets some weight off of the tail but you can still carve an aggressive turn. To speed up the transition, experiment with swinging the sail quickly around to a back sailing position with clew first for a second and then finish switching your feet and flipping the sail. Don't be afraid to scoop some air as you swing the sail around and it can give you a boost at the point when you usually slow down. It's also a good technique to use when the wind is getting over-powering.
22 November '11 | 4:44pm
There are a dozen things you can do to help (or you can stop doing). Three major points to focus on:

1. Entering with even more speed. You should be a little scared when you bear off into the jibe...the board should accellerate as it goes to a broad reach. If it isn't you're not jibing in enough wind. Unless you're overpowered, jibing is a move best executed in gusts.

2. As mentioned before, keep your knees bent and weight forward. You must keep the nose of the board down so the tail doesn't plow through the water and slow you down.

3. Flip the sail much earlier than you think you should. If you wait until you're mostly through the turn you'll have slowed down too much...you have to catch the sail while still on the plane in order to plane out.

Lessons are very helpful. Even though you know what to do, it's useful to have a practiced eye telling you what you're doing too much or too little of, too soon or too late.
9 December '11 | 9:21am
Ugg Bailey Button
[www.replicauggbootssale.com]
Ugg Bailey Button Boots
Replica Ugg Boots
Replica Ugg Boots Sale
[www.replicauggbootssale.com];
Ugg Tall Boots
Ugg Classic Tall Boots
ugg boots store
[www.uggbootstoreuk.com]
ugg boots online store
[www.uggbootstoreuk.com]
ugg store
[www.uggbootstoreuk.com]
ugg online store
[www.uggbootstoreuk.com]
ugg boots uk store
[www.uggbootstoreuk.com]
ugg uk store
[www.uggbootstoreuk.com];
ugg boots uk online store
[www.uggbootstoreuk.com]
ugg glove
[www.uggbootstoreuk.com]
ugg gloves
[www.uggbootstoreuk.com]
Ugg Bailey Button
[www.uggbaileybuttonsstore.com]
Ugg Bailey Button Boots
Replica Ugg Bailey Button
Cheap Ugg Bailey Button
Ugg Bailey Button Store
ugg
mulberry outlet
[www.mulberrymulberry.com]
mulberry alexa bags
mulberry shoulder bags
mulberry factory shop
mulberry baswater bags
burberry handbags outlet
[www.burberryoutletukstore.com]
burberry outlet
replica burberry outlet
burberry scarves
burberry shawl outlet
christian louboutin daffodile
[www.louboutindaffodileshoes.com]
christian louboutin daffodile shoes
louboutin daffodile shoes
louboutin daffodile
christian louboutin leopard
hermes outlet
[www.hermesoutletuk.com]
hermes outlet online
[www.hermesoutletuk.com]
hermes handbags
[www.hermesoutletuk.com]
hermes handbags outlet
[www.hermesoutletuk.com]
hermes bags outlet
[www.hermesoutletuk.com]
hermes bags
[www.hermesoutletuk.com]
miu miu outlet
[www.miumiuoutletonline.com]
miu miu bags outlet
miu miu bags
miu miu purses
miu miu outlet online
frtr
6 January '12 | 6:19am
In this modern and fashionable society, people are pursuing for replica rolex cool, unique, stylish and innovative. Whether it is rolex replica watches or fashion accessories all means a lot for modern society of today. Same is the case with trendy looking replica rolex. When these are replica rolex watches, the excitement just gets doubled. Most chic looking replica watches are in fashion now. These are one of the favorite fashion accessories for men and women long time ago. If you have not yet tried swiss replica watches, it's time to own one and feel the difference it can make to your personality. These are just brilliant and fabulous replica watches. They are most iconic and can provide you with a new feeling and enhance confidence. The quality of replica rolex uk is just superior to what you have dreamt of. Today owning a new and trendy looking replica rolex uk are not only meant for the wealthy people.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, jpeg, png
  • No file can be larger than 400 KB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message