Hello, welcome to Boardseeker Windsurfing Magazine please use the links below to jump to a specific section.

Navigation Search Content Other Mpora Sites

North boom grip

Posted by tinney 
North boom grip
3 July '11 | 9:00pm
i have been using a new north boom this summer(quite alot, its been windy here in somerset) its narrow grip, aluminium, new shape but flip its hard on the hands. does anyone else find them hard(north) or am i turning soft? which booms are a bit more forgiving for longer sessions??
Re: North boom grip
4 July '11 | 10:05am
What shape is the North, new or old school? I had the new school version with the square-ish front bend and found it was way better as it doesn't knacker your arms out as much. However I found the clamp was horrendous for snapping when closing on the beach, the grey section splits where the rope goes around the boom, so after two going I've gone for the new Neil Pryde X6.

IMO the NPs are very stiff, carbon back end, but still light and comfortable in the hands with the added narrow diameter for long sessions and easy grip.

A friend also likes his new Amex carbon boom with a slight V grip and says its really comfortable for long wave sessions out of the harness....although the clamp snapped on him at K-Bay after two months of use (which they have replaced under warranty of course)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, jpeg, png
  • No file can be larger than 400 KB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message