Hello, welcome to Boardseeker Windsurfing Magazine please use the links below to jump to a specific section.

Navigation Search Content Other Mpora Sites

Is North Sails Curve a good sail choice for me?

Posted by Inge 
Hello!

My used 6,5 sail got a big hole in it after my last ride....

I must therefore get me a new one.

Do you think that a North Sails Curve 6,4 is a good choice for me?

I started windsurf for about three years ago at the age of 40, my weight is 95 kg and I have got a RRD Evolution 360 155 litres (until I get better - then I might buy me a more advanced board).

Or is it better to get a North Sails Natural 6,6 instead?

What is positive and negative about thos two sails?

Hope to get some response before I decide what to do. Hopefully there is someone who has experience of those two sails and can give me some good advice.

Thanks in advance.

//Inge
I think that no matter wjat You go for it will do the work for You.

They're both freeride sails, both are simply constructed and offer similar performance.
Re: Is North Sails Curve a good sail choice for me?
28 July '11 | 3:23pm
Hello Inge,

there are some differences between the two, looking at the text on the north sails website. I think the Natural is a (lot) better sail than the curve. Features a stronger construction, has seen 5+ years of refining/design improvements. It also should be more powerful than the Curve, early planing and freeride/speed. The curve is more a lightweight sail for light persons in my opinion. Hope this helps,

kind regards
Thank you for your advice!

I finally decided for a new 2011 North Sails Natural 6,6 which I bought today for 4 000 swedish crown (about 400 Euro).

Now I really hope that I made the right choice and that I don't brake this sail for many, many years to come.

//Inge
Author:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, jpeg, png
  • No file can be larger than 400 KB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message