Hello, welcome to Boardseeker Windsurfing Magazine please use the links below to jump to a specific section.

Navigation Search Content Other Mpora Sites

best place to live for sailing around dorset

Posted by Mr-Jonny-Utah 
best place to live for sailing around dorset
2 August '11 | 4:33pm
Im moving down south.and I thought you lot would know best place to Live to get too good wave/freestyle spots somewhere btw weymouth and exmouth north or south coast? cheers. J

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2011 | 4:37pm by Mr-Jonny-Utah.
Re: best place to live for sailing around dorset
12 November '11 | 3:05pm
IT HAS GOT TO BE THE SOUTH COAST!!

Dorset born and bred (Now unfortunately living in Bristol) I would have to say Preston, Sutton Poyntz or Osmington: (Just East of Weymouth) Very close to overcome corner (Literally minutes)

Overcombe / Weymouth has amazing scenery and is probably one of the best beaches I have ever been to (Not being biased there!!)

Overcombe has good conditions, Bump and jump / waves / flat - Great for most directions. If it goes offshore at Overcombe head to Ringstead or Kimmeridge.(less than 20min drive) If you fancy some flat water blasting there is off course Portland harbour (Need I say more - Speed sailing Mecca and the Olympic sailing destination for next year) - Beat the weymouth traffic and you can get there in 15mins. (from Preston)

Plus: Overcombe has a great windsurfing community (all ages and standards) - Everyone always make you Welcome.

Second wind Watersports is located at Overcome - Check out the website and most importantly the webcam.

Also: Not overcrowded with Kites!!!

Hope this helps?

Jambo.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2011 | 3:19pm by Jambo.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, jpeg, png
  • No file can be larger than 400 KB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message