Hello, welcome to Boardseeker Windsurfing Magazine please use the links below to jump to a specific section.

Navigation Search Content Other Mpora Sites
TWINSER 74 or 82 ??? please help smiling smiley
30 August '11 | 1:26pm
Hello, I am wondering which boards should I choose.
JP Twinser 2010 PRO 74l or 82l

Which volume is better??
My sails range is 4.0 and 5.0 want to surf only on waves. Which is better for me, 186cm and 80kg weight.

I have an option to buy both of them, just need to make and decision...

Would be thankful for opinions!! smiling smiley
Re: TWINSER 74 or 82 ??? please help smiling smiley
30 August '11 | 4:45pm
Hello,

well there's a difficult choice smiling smiley To be honest, it totally depends on which sail sizes you'll use more frequently, your ability and ambitions and preferences / sailing style, and your whole board quiver. Do you have a larger (wave) board for lighter winds ? Or are you going for a one-board solution ? A 80+ litres board will work better with sails of 5 sqm and up.
I'm sailing a 84 litres waveboard, kinda like the board you're going for. The comfortable max sailsize is 5.3 sqm. And it works fine with 4.2 sqm in not too big waves. But I'm not an extremely good wavesailor (1.98 m and 82 kgs). I think the max sailsize for a 70 litres board is 5.0 sqm (well powered up). So my advice or opinion would be a 2 board solution (90ish litres and 75ish) or one 80+ one.. Hope this helps.

best regards
Holywaters
30 August '11 | 7:35pm
Get em both, your a long time dead !!! JPs rock....
Waders
31 August '11 | 8:41pm
I use a 85l FSW with sails from 3.7 up to 5.3 in all conditions except big waves.. 92 kgs
Albert
1 September '11 | 7:43am
I have Polakow twinser 82. I use it from 20-25 kts to over 30kts (77 Kg) with sails from 5.0 to 4.0. I think this board is smaller than 82. I also tried Polakow twinser 74, and it's a very small board.
2 September '11 | 7:41am
Ok, thanks for help guys! smiling smiley I think i am going to bring this 82l smiling smiley
Albert
2 September '11 | 10:20am
I talked about Polakow Twinser 82, but Twinser 82 PRO (kauli's) is very different. I don't know which of them you want to buy. If you have an option for Kauli's twinsers, maybe 74 is better for you, because this is not too small. If you have an option for Polakow Twinsers, i suggest 82, because in this case 74 is a quite small board.
surfjumkie
2 September '11 | 1:55pm
Hi

I have an 82 quad JP - these boards are amazing. I got so into wavesailing again using these. Just wish there was more consistent waves here as cross / cross off these boards are amazing. Light winds (I am 84kg) down to nuking 4m weather in Cape Town this is the perfect 1 quiver board. Enjoy!
m.e.
25 April '12 | 11:39am
Hihi,

although your question is already some days old i want to give my impression to the 74L Polakow twinser.
Which one have you taken at the end?
You must be lucky to have the possibility to choose between the 74L and the 82L. TAKE BOTH!!!! if you have the possibility. I was looking since almost 2 years now for the 82L version in addition to my 74 L. With my 73 Kg the 74L version is a dream!!! Working with 3.7 - 5.4 easily. It's planning very well, is really fast fast and super smooth in big fast waves. Surprisingly easy to drive compared to my Tabou Quads of 2011. But compared to the latter, it does not turn as skaty as the 2011 DaCurve Quads.
Overall the 74 JP Twinser (2010) is the best Twinser I ever tried and much more lighter (5.7 true! kg) than the shape-identic 2011 modell which is almost one Kg heavier and has additional Quad option.
BTW if somebody wants to sell the 82Version, please let it me know,
thanks,

Bye,
Marcus
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, jpeg, png
  • No file can be larger than 400 KB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message