Hello, welcome to Boardseeker Windsurfing Magazine please use the links below to jump to a specific section.

Navigation Search Content Other Mpora Sites
JP FSW 2012
19 September '11 | 2:24pm
Great job with the 90L multifin board test. I really like the fact you are getting ahead of all the other board tests by addressing in more detail, the lightweight / heavyweight suitability. One more thing which would be great to add is tail width too.

At 68kgs, years ago I purchased a 2006 JP FSW pro 93 for my large board (5.0-6.7) for some waves, but mostly just bump and jump or blasting back and forth. I purchased it based on the reviews. However, I felt the board was so geared toward heavyweights as it had so much volume in the tail and took so much back foot pressure for me to really turn the board sharply. I wish I could have seen some tail width dimensions relative to other boards before I purchased it.

I see for 2012, the JP FSW 92 pro comes with thrusters, but is the same shape as the the non pro edition that comes single fin. I was wondering if anyone knows if the pro version can be used just as easily in a single fin setup for bump and jump (with the thrusters removed), and the multi fin setup for waves? Is this board and size going to be in your tests? If anyone has any insight into wether this board is suitable for lightweights (or how the 2011 version was) , it would be helpful.

Thanks.
wstt
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, jpeg, png
  • No file can be larger than 400 KB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message