Hello, welcome to Boardseeker Windsurfing Magazine please use the links below to jump to a specific section.

Navigation Search Content Other Mpora Sites

cabarete or WA this winter?

Posted by Chris 
Chris
cabarete or WA this winter?
19 September '06 | 4:43pm
hi guys,

i am lucky enough to have the opportunity to spend december-march in either cabarete or western australia.

can anyone tell me which would be a better choice? which has better wind/conditions? i?m completely stuck on which to choose.

i'm at a standard where i can carve gybe my wave board fairly confidently but have not sailed in any proper waves before.

thanks,

chris
Brian Ingham
Re: cabarete or WA this winter?
25 October '06 | 2:51pm
I have not been to Carabete but I have lived in Geraldton WA since 1991 and having been to many places on the planet there is nothing to beat WA. It is summer now and the winds will blow for the next four months or longer. Last summer was a good one and this one has started early.
The weather can get very hot around christmas time so November and early Dec are probably the best months. Then things get better in early Jan until the end of Feb. Last year we had 20 days of sailing in March which was good.
Yesterday it got up to 30knts but a small swell today slightly less wind but a swell approaching 3meters. look at: [www.geroport.wa.gov.au]

dont worry about sharks we - feed them at night
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, jpeg, png
  • No file can be larger than 400 KB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message