Hello, welcome to Boardseeker Windsurfing Magazine please use the links below to jump to a specific section.

Navigation Search Content Other Mpora Sites
Twinster
Which freestyle clinic?
18 February '12 | 11:23pm
I quite fancy going on a freestyle clinic somewhere windy this year. I can vulcan/spock/grubby/forward reasonably well and I'm busy learning flakas. I'd like to get some help on bobs/funnells and switch sailing as well.

I've had a bit of a browse and this seems out of the remit of most of the usual gurus. Sam Ross and Trickademy seem like the only likely suspects. Anybody done this sort of thing?

I'm in the UK, so Egypt or Greece would be good. I'd prefer to have kit included so I don't have to drag mine along, as well as getting a chance to experience other kit.
Twinster
Re: Which freestyle clinic?
20 February '12 | 12:56pm
or perhaps I should just go somewhere on my own. I would prefer to go with a few people to get inspiration from.
Al Bentley
21 February '12 | 8:17am
probably you could arrange it locally if you know any good sailors in your area, I am sure you can come up with some kind of sweet beer for lessons deal

If you are thinking of going greece/egypt then the names to look for are probably Colin and Marco, Phil Richards and maybe Bubble/Max Rowe if they are not somewhere else

Most of the guys are on facebook, and usually have a facebook page for their 'courses'

Also I know the laure treboux does a few weeks a year in Dahab coaching?

Good luck!
twintip
21 February '12 | 12:54pm
Hey! I have been on Rossis Trickademy last season! He is a very good surfer and he helps you the hole day, so that means practice as long as you can!
The Spot in Greece Sigri is perfect for Freestyle with flatwater, and chop more outside +strong winds. The Trickademy was the perfect freestyle camp for me, learned the spock and loop!

Best
Kenmo
14 March '12 | 11:19pm
Sam Ross is doing an advanced clinic in Dahab 29th April with Neilson. Tried to get onto his dahab freestyle clinic last year but it was cancelled due to me being the only one to book. I am sure he would tailor the clinic to your needs as the numbers on his clinics are fairly low so he can give almost individual tutoring and dahab seems to be a freestylers paradise.
18 March '12 | 7:43am
Hi guys
Nice to hear some interest in a freestyle clinic.
At the moment we are about to release dates for our 2012 GetWindsurfing Coaching weeks and Weekend Coaching dates.
We are currently in Dahab Egypt, and the conditions here, like other locations in Egypt are fantastic for freestyle and perfect for Advanced / Freestyle windsurfers.
At the moment we are looking at running a coaching weeks in June for Egypt but can also offer private tuition between 27th March - 2nd April in Dahab.

GetWindsurfing will be returning to the UK on the 4th of April and will be running Coaching weekends at various UK windsurfing venues.
We are quite flexible and can arrange dates around you guys if the demand is right.
Dates to come soon on GetWindsurfing website
Feel free to email me on getwindsurfing.phil@gmail.com for more info on our Courses, Dates, Location information and coaching tips.

All the Best
Phil
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, jpeg, png
  • No file can be larger than 400 KB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message