Hello, welcome to Boardseeker Windsurfing Magazine please use the links below to jump to a specific section.

Navigation Search Content Other Mpora Sites
andy
Kona 10.5
7 September '08 | 10:22am
Hi
I just read your review on the Kona 10.5 and it seems to do everything that I am after for a big board:
(a) teach little nephews on;
(b) give friends a first go at windsurfing;
(c) use on a local lake for freestyle when I do not have the time for a coast trip (on/off the plane etc.); and
(d) an anti-being skunked with wind board for going to the coast with,
(plus, perhaps a bit of SUP...)

but I was wondering whether it would work for someone around 92kgs in the same way? what do you reckon?
ta
A
A Clone
Re: Kona 10.5
8 September '08 | 12:52pm
Hi Andy, you would probably be better going for the bigger sized 11'5 version.

The 10'5 would float you and be ok, but the 11'5 will be even more stable for teaching friends/nephews on and certainly offer you more float for lightwind freestyle.

We had the 11'5 here as well for a short time and when planing there was very little difference in performance between the two (probably due to the stepped hull design).

The other option would be to go for a Fanatic Viper style of board (suitable for lakes and teaching etc and a lot more compact), but if you like short board/ wave sailing, you will prefer the feel of the Kona when planing.

The 11'5 would probably be best, but bear in mind the length - they arent short! If you have a van, make sure it will fit.....
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, jpeg, png
  • No file can be larger than 400 KB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message