Hello, welcome to Boardseeker Windsurfing Magazine please use the links below to jump to a specific section.

Navigation Search Content Other Mpora Sites

quatro twin fin

Posted by freeskiing 
quatro twin fin
17 April '09 | 3:08am
i intend to buy a QUATRO twin fin board next year.
as i only had the possibility to "test" the 81 litre model und i normally wavesail with a 70 litre starboard EVO ,
which volume would you recommend for me:
68 or 75?
or are they going to change the volume next year?

thank you in advance!!!
A Clone
Re: quatro twin fin
17 April '09 | 7:16am
Can you let me know how heavy you are and what sizes of sail you intend to use on it please, then I can better advise you...

Am not exactly sure of the sizes for 010 yet, but have heard that they are probably going to be the same.

The 75 Twin seems to be working well as a 'one wave board only' at the moment. A number of good sailors (including Ben Proffitt) have been using this as their only wave board over the past few months for sails from 3.7 up to around 5.0m....Ben weighs around 75kg.
17 April '09 | 3:18pm
my weight is 67-69 kg, sails 4.1 - 5.3
Ben Proffitt
25 April '09 | 4:04am
Hi,
Just seen this post so thought i'd respond... hmmmmmm... although it's pretty tricky as I'm a bit heavier than you!

I have used the 75 twin in Cape town this year as my only board.
I weigh 76 - 78kg and i've been using with 3.7m to 5.3 weather. Although in an ideal world I would choose to have a bigger board for 5.3m weather and a smaller one for 3.7m weather!

You can get away with having a bigger twin fin board as they ride a lot flatter on the water than a single fin. So when your totally maxed out it is a lot easier to handle under your feet and doesn't just take off!

Ok, so your desicion.. I think i would go for the 75 if you are going to spend more time on the bigger sails 4.7+ or the 68 if you are going to be spending more time on the smaller sizes 4.5 -

I hope that helps... if your ever around north wales or see me at the beach your very welcome to have try mine, as i should have both in the van.

To track me down just have a look at my website (www.thewetdream.co.uk) and it should say where I'm at..
25 April '09 | 4:41am
thanxx ben!
as i live in austria it'd be rather problematic to meet in in wales.....
i'll ask keith teboul. i've also heard that they intend to bring an onshore twinser model next year, which porobably alters the
answer a bit too.
thanxx again.

j
moz
17 May '09 | 2:35am
whats the best fin position you have found for the Quatro twin 75,
Cheers.
Ben Proffitt
17 May '09 | 7:07am
I'm using mine about 1cm from the front of the box! So pretty far forward... but seems to work best there!
Hope that helps.. right off to the beach now!!
Baydrew
17 May '09 | 7:53am
Surely the the real person to answer this question is Jamie Hancock He has been using QUATRO boards and Gun sails now for over a year very successfully and is also a light sailor
Ben Proffitt
17 May '09 | 7:39pm
Why am i not good enough??
MOZ
18 May '09 | 6:42am
Ben, Is that the 09 board your talking about or your new boards?
18 May '09 | 8:45am
Yep, thats on the 2009 boards.. (I'm using a 2009 75 production twin at the moment.. just has a new paint job!)

As far as i know the new twin boards are not changing from the '09. But they are adding an onshore twin to the line up!
MOZ
18 May '09 | 9:07am
Thanks, are you moving the fins back for bigger waves or is that position covering most conditions?
cheers.
18 May '09 | 9:25am
At the moment I'm still playing with them... but I have been using them in that postion for the last 2 comps which both had mast high waves and the board felt awesome... held well in the bottom turn and super loose off the top but with the ability to pull it back in to line for the next turn!!

Although early in the day at Rhossy when it was super choppy and full tilt on 3.7 it felt a bit nervious... ha.. not surprising i suppose but I was going to move them back then to see how it felt!!

Then it cleaned up so i didn't need to... and if it isn't broke don't try and fix it!!

Hope that helps!
MOZ
18 May '09 | 9:59am
That helps, I had been using mine about 2cm back from front of the box and that seemed good but I will try them a little more forward next sail.
cheers.
ftwin
18 May '09 | 1:28pm
Baydrew Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Surely the the real person to answer this question
> is Jamie Hancock He has been using QUATRO boards
> and Gun sails now for over a year very
> successfully and is also a light sailor

He might well be, but he hasn't bothered replying has he?
Thanks Ben for the effort.
Baydrew
19 May '09 | 9:44am
Ben Proffitt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why am i not good enough??

No way mate just looking at the post in relation to weight well Done to you and Jamie for the results at the weekend Quatro must be pleased and GUN and Simmer
Author:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, jpeg, png
  • No file can be larger than 400 KB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message