Hello, welcome to Boardseeker Windsurfing Magazine please use the links below to jump to a specific section.

Navigation Search Content Other Mpora Sites

Twin Tip or not to twin tip, that is my question

Posted by lee 
I see there are quite a few threads on her about freestyle which can only be a good thing.
Im seeking advice about two boards that im considering buying here in sydney. Im looking to buy a RRD twin tip 08or a Mistral Joker09 both 100ltrs. I sail at Botnay bay near sydney airport, the first 60mtrs is usually quite flat after that its pretty choppy. Currently im using a JP ecxite ride 120 for blasting around on ( although im not quite carve gybing yet ) and a huge barge 160 ltr fanatic shark that i use to learn light wind non planing moves on such as front to sail, helitacks, push tacks, switch stance board 360. I have read that the joker can cope with chop better and its a better freeride platfrom than the rrd however the rrd is much better for learning freestyle???? which board will cope with those higher wind days.

On another note i think its great that Jem Hall and Nick Baker are offering advice to other surfers about products regardless who their sponsers are. I also think if either did a clinic here in sydney tickets would sell like hot cakes because there are plenty of people here who want to learn all aspects of sailing with no-one to show them, a weeks clinic can give you a years trial and error experience so someone get over here and do one please!!

Also youre all very lucky becuase gear here in sydney is sky high, i buy my gear from perth or the uk and get it shipped over as its much cheaper ( wit the exception of 2nd boards ).
Author:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, jpeg, png
  • No file can be larger than 400 KB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message