Hello, welcome to Boardseeker Windsurfing Magazine please use the links below to jump to a specific section.

Navigation Search Content Other Mpora Sites

75lt vs 85lt Twinsers

Posted by jonh 
75lt vs 85lt Twinsers
2 September '09 | 6:40pm
Yet another question about the right size for a twin fin wave board. I've been without a wave board for a couple of years since breaking my last one and have managed on 85lt JP freestyle wave. This works ok on the south coast where I mostly sail but I need something which is looser in the turn on the wave and has more control when it gets more windy e.g. 5.2 and below. I weight c.75kg.

The test and comments on the forum suggest that an 85lt twin fin is the best size when considering a twin fin on its own. Does this still hold true when put in a line up with an 85lt freestyle wave, i.e. though the same size, they do very different things with little overlap in performance, or would a 75lt twin fin be more complementary. My wave boards have always been around 75lt so I have no problem sailing these, it's more about there would a performance gap between a 75lt wave board and an 85lt freestyle wave board which an 85lt twin fin would be better at filling.

Looking forward to hearing from the testers and anyone else out there. Hope you all have tomorrow off work as it looks like it will be a great day - westerly on the south coast is not to be missed!!!

Jon
Author:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, jpeg, png
  • No file can be larger than 400 KB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message