Hello, welcome to Boardseeker Windsurfing Magazine please use the links below to jump to a specific section.

Navigation Search Content Other Mpora Sites

Quad vs TwinFin

Posted by stylomat 
fock
Re: Quad vs TwinFin
2 November '09 | 11:39pm
[www.u-ride.net]

I made some shots for u-ride

That's my new board. Thanks to the Prydeshop for the help.
www.prydeshop.fr

I tried it today with nice big waves in la coudou, with fly 4.2...a little bit strong for this volume, but i'm 92kg & it' was amazing how the board was stable & easy to ride with this wind...the upwind ability is great, & you go upwind with more speed than with the mistral 84 twin.
Same width, but softer in the choppy water, even if you feel the extra volume when non planing, good point.
amazing to ride in the waves!!!! You feel the extra fin under the rail & you can put the board something like vertical & that turns so well!!!! Incredible on this point...but with 4.2wind i was a little bit overpowered in the cutback with 92 so if i wanted to do nice full cutback, i had to take care about not to take too much speed in long bottom turns...(they are more stable & easy to do than with a twin). .so i had to do short bottom turns & cutback & i was surpised by the fact that it can turn very very short for a 92L. board...

I have to do some more sessions with different wind but it's a fact, i like this board from now.
It seems crazy for me to be able to do what i did with so much wind & 92L.

Look at the photos of the day here (i'm not on those ones) :
[www.casimages.com]
Re: Quad vs TwinFin
20 July '10 | 4:43am
I want to get a fish but i'm having trouble picking between quad or twin keel. How does the fin set up affect the ride? positives/ negatives of each? Any info would be great.
I want to get a fish but i'm having trouble picking between quad or twin keel. How does the fin set up affect the ride? positives/ negatives of each? Any info would be great.

are you aware of the other floaty, fishy boards that are out on the market?

if you want to advance at shortbourding, at riding a traditional thruster, i would say go for a bourd like a JC Flying Pig, or Lost Shark

which are beefy type shortboards, they are quite fishy and floaty, and will help compensate inexperience and be a great learning aid

my opinion...in the longterm you will be a much better surfer overall on a variety of bourds and surfbourding conditons if you put the time in on a thruster design
Author:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, jpeg, png
  • No file can be larger than 400 KB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message