Hello, welcome to Boardseeker Windsurfing Magazine please use the links below to jump to a specific section.

Navigation Search Content Other Mpora Sites

Fanatic Twin vs Kode 86

Posted by Vitez 
Goose
Re: Fanatic Twin vs Kode 86
28 November '09 | 8:13am
6.4...? That sounds big for a 86 liter board. Is it comfortable with such a large sail? How much do you wiegh and what fin do you use?
28 November '09 | 12:02pm
It clearly says on Kode page it goes from 4.0 to 6.0. Ideal is probably 4.4 to 5.8

And if you have 6.1 and it blows for 4.7 you won't plain faster just because you have too big sail. Your question sounds like you are a plain beginner, no offense.

If you sail only 5.0 and up you should buy a bigger board like 100L IMO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/11/2009 | 12:07pm by Vitez.
Goose
28 November '09 | 1:05pm
Beginner....nope... have been sailing for 24 years and consider myself windsurfing at a high level.

You seem to completely missunderstand me. Firstly, what the manufacturer says is the sail range of a board usually is very optimistic. I would never go below 5.0 with an K86. The spec says 4.0....

What I want to know is when the drawbacks are bigger than the gains. What sail size is the maximum for the K86? I am interested in hearing from people with experience of the K86, not somebody simply refering to a specification.
Goose
28 November '09 | 1:10pm
100 l board.....hardly. The K86 will be my biggest board for use between 5.3 and xx (5.8-6.1?). I have smaller boards and sails for other conditions.
drywipe
29 November '09 | 12:21am
what a stupid question. One is a waveboard one is not! if you want a waveboard to sail in waves then go with the waveboard, if not then go with the freestyle wave board.
Goose
29 November '09 | 9:46am
drywipe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what a stupid question. One is a waveboard one is
> not! if you want a waveboard to sail in waves then
> go with the waveboard, if not then go with the
> freestyle wave board.

??....What question are you refering to?

What a debate for simple question.....to make it easy, which sail is the most appropriate for the K86, ICON 5.9 or FireFly6.1?
I am aware that ICON is a pure wavesail, but it is also an excellent bump n jump/freestyle sail. I have 3 sizes already 5.3, 4.7 and 4.2. Even if the ICON has good bottom end, I want my light wind sail to have max bottom end + range. The FireFly has this but I am worried that the gap will be a bit too big down to my ICON 5.3, also that the 6.1 will be too big for the K86.

I have alot of experience with JP FSW and I know that they carry large sails with ease, but I have no prior experince with kode/kombat. Therefore I need help in this regard!
Goose
29 November '09 | 9:50am
To make it clear, when using ICON5.9/Firefly6.1 I will mostly use the K86 in bump n jump/freestyle, hardly any waves where i surf when the wind is light....

I want to keep my my choices to NP and Simmer as I have only bought these brands earlier and I have a surfshop that gives me good prices!
29 November '09 | 7:00pm
I totally get it it's just that it's a very specific question and obviously clones don't want to participate in this thread (just because I'm black).

I'd just like to say that 5.9 and 6.1 doesn't sound like much of a difference. I'd choose Icon for no particular reason.

So you too don't like 4.2 with 86L kode hmmm. Which FSW board for 4.2 and 4.7 then??

Don't know how much do you weigh but for 6.0 conditions I'd use bigger cam sail like 6.8 and 100L slalom but that would mean you'd have to have 3 boards.....
Hot Ice
29 November '09 | 7:26pm
Vitez Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> obviously clones don't want
> to participate in this thread (just because I'm
> black).

You have come out with some daft comments on this thread but this one takes the biscuit.

Chill out. Stop agonizing about your kit and spend more time on the water !
13 December '09 | 12:00am
hah Hot Ice thank you for buying my shit =) tongue sticking out smiley

I got better at controlling my 78L and is great but still......if underpowered 4.7 and unsteady wind I'd be much better off with a bit bigger and wider board specially when sailing upwind.

At 55cm wide it's great for overpowered 4.7 and 4.2 but for weaker winds I need another board......2 boards and 3 sails I don't think that's too much gear......
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, jpeg, png
  • No file can be larger than 400 KB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message