Hello, welcome to Boardseeker Windsurfing Magazine please use the links below to jump to a specific section.

Navigation Search Content Other Mpora Sites
Fins for pozo
14 April '10 | 3:35pm
Im going to pozo in early july and have the fanatic 79 twin which comes with 16cm fins im wondering what fins to get as a smaller set.

What do people reckon to these Maui Ultra Fins, they look an odd shape, maybe wont work on more turbulant conditions.

i will be taking 5.0 to 3.7,

72kgs
Pozo
Re: Fins for pozo
12 May '10 | 8:09am
Hops 79l is a little big in Pozo. If you find the right season you can take 50 knots every day. My be is ok in Vargas.
Hope this help
Mikey Thruthteller
14 June '10 | 10:55am
I strongly reccomend You to buy Yourself a 3.3 or even smaller (Loft has 3.1 as I remember or MS has a 2.9).

With 72 kg You can get a hard time sailing on 3.7 during some atomic Pozo days which happen quite often on summer.

If it comes to board I think that 72 - 74 is the biggest You should have for Pozo however I would not be so comfy with 5.0 (if You'll have the opportunity to take it out of Your quiver).

Cheers!
Big Eddy
14 June '10 | 7:14pm
The truthteller is right.

You need:

a 3.5 TOPS as a smallest sail (and the correct mast)
a 70 liter MAX board.

Forget sepending $200 on fins go get a battered evo 70 or Jp RWW 68 and a 3.5 and you'll rock.

Have a wicked time im stuck in the uk all summer

E
Michael
15 June '10 | 10:59am
Have you looked at K4 fins. I have a set and they're great...and only £44.95!!! although not been much wind what i have experienced has been good. I spoke to the guys who have been working on them and they sound like they are the business. check out Steve Thorps site for more info. I brought mine from Boylos.co.uk... got them next day and free delivery. really great!
Steve
15 June '10 | 5:44pm
I'm going to be in Pozo 20th June til the 12th July, I'm taking a Fanatic New Wave 75 and Vandal Enemies 3.7, 4.2, and 5.0 (just in case). Chances are that in my three weeks I wont get to use my 5.0m....

I went for three months in summer 07, and Used a 3.4 a lot, but I've got a 3.7 this time as I now weigh about 8Kg more (78Kg), and a lot of the time in 2007 I was sailing on a 3.4 when others were on 3.7's, and noticed that they were getting through the lulls a lot better than I would.

75L is a bit too big, I'd go for a 67L. But Lack of funds means I'll now be sticking to a 75L... I used 73L last time, should be fine. though 79 is pushing it a bit
Steve
Pozo Taxi Service : - )
16 June '10 | 9:46am
How much do people reckon a taxi from the airport to pozo will be (afternoon prices)????
Kuba
Re: Pozo Taxi Service : - )
16 June '10 | 11:26am
Normal price is 25 euro for a van/minivan
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, jpeg, png
  • No file can be larger than 400 KB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message