Hello, welcome to Boardseeker Windsurfing Magazine please use the links below to jump to a specific section.

Navigation Search Content Other Mpora Sites
Unifiber vs Fiberspar RDM Mast test
10 June '10 | 1:52pm
Hey Dudes,

Does any of u have experience with Unifiber and Fiberspar RDM 100% carbon masts?
Does they work well with Simmer and Naish sails?

I've heard some urban legends about Unifiber that they don't work well with NeilPryde sails... and also that all the masts are bulit mostly in the same industry, so there couldn't be big difference...
Where is the truth? smiling smiley

Does any of u know any tests or articles about this topic?

Thanks for ur reply,
Marton
grif
Re: Unifiber vs Fiberspar RDM Mast test
10 January '12 | 6:53am
Louis Vuitton Monogram [www.piranhacs.com]
Louis Vuitton Neverfull [www.piranhacs.com]

<a href="[www.piranhacs.com">Louis] Vuitton Monogram</A>

<a href="[www.piranhacs.com">Louis] Vuitton Neverfull</A>
Whitey (not the big one)
10 January '12 | 3:50pm
I have not had good luck with Fiberspar RDMs and Simmer. Love both products but had to change masts over. Usually find it best to go with the recommended mast. I know some different brands are made by the same manufacturer but they aren't all the same. BOARDS magazine did some good work a few years ago with mast compatability tests but it was an added layer of confusion and they just seemed to stop - at the risk of sounding cynical, I imagine their advertisers were not happy being told that their bend curves were innaccurate on the whole and that many of them weren't compatible with a lot of other sails.
Mack
10 January '12 | 4:22pm
Simmers are quite mast specific. No Limits Sumo is a pretty good choise..
quarterstyu
13 January '12 | 7:48am
Louis Vuitton Monogram [www.piranhacs.com]
Louis Vuitton Neverfull [www.piranhacs.com]
27 January '12 | 3:02pm
Is it possible Unifiber makes masts for a number of brands? Check out the Epic Gear (with a similar 2 year warranty) from the states. I used a Epic Gear 400 rdm in a multitude of sails, North, Aerotech, Ezzy, KA and it has worked averagely well across the board (using a 400 top and a 370 bottom for the North). In some cases it felt better than the manufacturer's recommended mast I had for some of the sails. A good mast is so important. I also had a fiberspar that I never seemed to find the right sail for.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, jpeg, png
  • No file can be larger than 400 KB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message