Hello, welcome to Boardseeker Windsurfing Magazine please use the links below to jump to a specific section.

Navigation Search Content Other Mpora Sites

Board Test Feedback

Posted by wstt 
Board Test Feedback
19 September '11 | 2:20pm
Adrian,
Great job with the 90L multifin board test. I really like the fact you are getting ahead of all the other board tests by addressing in more detail, the lightweight / heavyweight suitability. One more thing which would be great to add is tail width too.

At 68kgs, years ago I purchased a 2006 JP FSW pro 93 for my large board (5.0-6.7) for some waves, but mostly just bump and jump or blasting back and forth. I purchased it based on the reviews. However, I felt the board was so geared toward heavyweights as it had so much volume in the tail and took so much back foot pressure for me to really turn the board sharply. I wish I could have seen some tail width dimensions relative to other boards before I purchased it.

I see for 2012, the JP FSW 92 pro comes with thrusters, but is the same shape as the the non pro edition that comes single fin. I was wondering if anyone knows if the pro version can be used just as easily in a single fin setup for bump and jump (with the thrusters removed), and then multi fin setup for waves? Is this board and size going to be in your tests? If anyone has any insight into wether this board is suitable for lightweights, it would be helpful.

I'll post this in the general forum too.

Thanks.
wstt
Re: Board Test Feedback
23 September '11 | 3:45pm
I saw the list of upcoming test results we should see in the next few months. I also noticed it looks like there are no tests planned for the Freestyle Wave boards. If you, or any clone gets a chance to ride a 2012 JP FSW 92, I'd love to know if it's really similar to the Wave 92 that was not loved by lightweights. (I like the idea of being able to ride it single fin when it's bump and jump, and put thrusters on if it's light with waves.)

Unfortunately I can't test the boards before I purchase and the last two boards I loved (purchased in around 2000) were on direct recommendations for me from the USA Windsurfing magazine head of the test. Since then I've purchased 2 new boards (92 and 74 liters) and haven't liked either as I felt they were not designed to be ridden by lighter sailors. (I am 68 kgs.)
Thanks in advance for any help.
Author:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, jpeg, png
  • No file can be larger than 400 KB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message