Hello, welcome to Boardseeker Windsurfing Magazine please use the links below to jump to a specific section.

Navigation Search Content Other Mpora Sites

bigger fin or bigger board for bump and jump

Posted by toby 
toby
bigger fin or bigger board for bump and jump
21 November '11 | 2:52pm
hi you said in the tabou rocket 125 review that you would not go down to a 5.5. i'm looking at a tabou at the moment, and i'm about 65kilos, however most of my sails are 6.5-3.5 and at the moment am on a 112 fanatic skate with a 22cm fin, however i'm having a lot of problems with going upwind. as i predominantly do a lot of bump and jump i'm thinking of getting a bigger board with a bigger fin, just for the shear eases of balsting up and down, with a bit of chop hop and maybe some air time. am i completely insane too go up in size of board or can i just put a bigger fin on my skate and will that help?
toby
Re: bigger fin or bigger board for bump and jump
21 November '11 | 3:45pm
just worried that for me sailing a 125 is going to feel like trying to plane a bus
gbr730
21 November '11 | 3:50pm
For someone of your weight, a 112 should be plenty big enough for bump and jump and would be much more fun for this than a 125. If you're struggling to go upwind, then a bigger fin would definitely be a better solution than a bigger board for bump and jump in my opinion, keep the small fin though! If you are using a 3.5 with this board, than you will for sure need quite a small fin to control it in strong winds.
toby
21 November '11 | 5:16pm
thank you for the quick response
i dont very oftern use the 3.5 but if you think i should get a bigger fin that is what i will do
spend the money on some shine new sails or something
snapperstve
21 November '11 | 8:01pm
toby Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> thank you for the quick response
> i dont very oftern use the 3.5 but if you think i
> should get a bigger fin that is what i will do
> spend the money on some shine new sails or
> something

If you get another board for sub 4.7 I would look to 80 Ltr FSW even this is a bit big for 65Kg sailor unless you are on a lake
Author:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, jpeg, png
  • No file can be larger than 400 KB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message