Hello, welcome to Boardseeker Windsurfing Magazine please use the links below to jump to a specific section.

Navigation Search Content Other Mpora Sites
toby
bigger fin or bigger board for bump and jump
21 November '11 | 2:52pm
hi you said in the tabou rocket 125 review that you would not go down to a 5.5. i'm looking at a tabou at the moment, and i'm about 65kilos, however most of my sails are 6.5-3.5 and at the moment am on a 112 fanatic skate with a 22cm fin, however i'm having a lot of problems with going upwind. as i predominantly do a lot of bump and jump i'm thinking of getting a bigger board with a bigger fin, just for the shear eases of balsting up and down, with a bit of chop hop and maybe some air time. am i completely insane too go up in size of board or can i just put a bigger fin on my skate and will that help?
toby
Re: bigger fin or bigger board for bump and jump
21 November '11 | 3:45pm
just worried that for me sailing a 125 is going to feel like trying to plane a bus
gbr730
21 November '11 | 3:50pm
For someone of your weight, a 112 should be plenty big enough for bump and jump and would be much more fun for this than a 125. If you're struggling to go upwind, then a bigger fin would definitely be a better solution than a bigger board for bump and jump in my opinion, keep the small fin though! If you are using a 3.5 with this board, than you will for sure need quite a small fin to control it in strong winds.
toby
21 November '11 | 5:16pm
thank you for the quick response
i dont very oftern use the 3.5 but if you think i should get a bigger fin that is what i will do
spend the money on some shine new sails or something
snapperstve
21 November '11 | 8:01pm
toby Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> thank you for the quick response
> i dont very oftern use the 3.5 but if you think i
> should get a bigger fin that is what i will do
> spend the money on some shine new sails or
> something

If you get another board for sub 4.7 I would look to 80 Ltr FSW even this is a bit big for 65Kg sailor unless you are on a lake
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, jpeg, png
  • No file can be larger than 400 KB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message